Study | Flint Hill Baptist Church and Christian School, Bessemer, AL
10-Year Facilities Master Plan
Please click on any image below for a larger view and more details.
Due to rapid growth in church attendance and student enrollment, Aho Architects, LLC was commissioned by Flint Hill Baptist Church and Flint Hill Christian School in September 2007 to develop a 10-year facilities master plan expressed in two-year increments.
Multiple site visits were conducted to assess the physical condition and function of the existing facility. During this process, a thorough walk-thru was conducted, identifying areas needing improvement and/or expansion to accommodate the church and school’s growing population.
A master plan consisting of 5 phases was developed to address the growth of FHBC and FHCS. The plan recommends a combination of capital solutions (e.g. “construction”) and operational solutions (e.g. “room scheduling”) to efficiently address crowding and space needs. The master plan recommendations consider fundraising needs, economies of scale, sequencing of construction activities to minimize disruption of ongoing use of the facilities, and the church’s needs, vision, and guiding principles.
- ongoing project management
- identification of church's needs, vision, and guiding principles through an in-depth facilitated input process
- assessment of existing facilities and site (including technical conditions assessment and space utilization studies)
- facilities needs projections (including detailed enrollment projections) and recommendations
- future site development potential
- design guidelines narrative (to achieve a consistent campus image)
- building programming (qualitative and quantitative)
- conceptual design
- cost estimating and budgeting
- capital campaign support (fundraising strategy, renderings, collateral materials)
- future comprehensive architectural / engineering services during implementation phases.